Best Ringworm Cream’s of 2017
Ringworm is a problem that could happen to anyone at any age and time and in inevitable. Thanks to advancement in the field of medicine and research which has made it possible for the manufacturing of FDA approved ringworm cream that can make the treatment easy.
Ringworm makes the affected area look horrible. Ringworm is basically a fungal infection that occurs on the skin. It looks like a red inflamed ring with grey scaly and patchy skin inside the ring and has nothing to do with the worms as it has been associated with its name.
It gets very scratchy, irritating, and it sometimes stings your skin, tempting you to scratch it more often.
It could also spread to different people who come in contact with you if you do not take care of your own hygiene and cleanliness. It might spread through towels that you use your clothes and garments, handkerchief, etc.
The fungus that causes ringworm depends on the area where the person is being affected.
Tinea corporis is the fungus that infects the skin, for instance, the neck, armpits, waist, hands and public areas are all a part of it.
How Can I Catch Ringworm:
There are different ways and modes through which one can catch ringworm. Here are the top reasons enlisted, which are very common:
- It can spread from one person to another via touching an infected person, sharing their towel, clothes etc…
- There are times when the pet animals in the house are infected by ringworm, which is at times quite difficult to locate, and they pass it to their owners, especially children. The farm animals also have ringworm, and there is a possibility that one can get it by touching the gate of the farm, or while passing by the animals in the farm.
- There is no such definite reason why a person or animal catch ringworm. A person can get infected by the fungus by coming in contact with the fungus, which is abundantly present in the soil or from the contaminated objects that they touch.
What are the Symptoms of Ringworm?
Ringworm looks like a small patch on the skin, which has an inflamed red ring. It spreads towards outwards and enlarges. The area inside the ring is grey and patchy.
The patch gradually grows into a large ring day by day, and hence it is called ringworm.
There are chances that several times, several patches would occur anywhere in the skin, especially in the case where you get an infection by handling an infected animal.
The rashes might get slightly irritating, and it is very itchy and inflamed sometimes. It depends on which type of fungus has infected your skin, and hence which kind of rash your skin has gotten.
It is possible that sometimes the fungal skin infection looks like other skin problems namely Psoriasis.
How To Get The Ringworm Treatment?
There is a simple and effective way of treating ringworm, the antifungal cream for ringworm, which is also known as ringworm creams.
The most popular treatment options include the ringworm medicine like ringworm cream and ointments and are available in the market as well as on the web, which is easily gettable.
For example terbinafine, clotrimazole, miconazole, ketoconazole, etc. these are all over the counter ringworm creams and are easily available in all the pharmacies and medical stores.
To get the best ringworm treatment, one must follow these steps:
- Purchase the ringworm medicine and follow the guidelines in order to get the right results. This is only available online.
- Apply the ringworm cream on the affected area and around 4-6 cm in the normal skin to avoid spreading of the rash anymore.
- Different antifungal ringworm creams have a different effect on the skin. Hence, try to read the instructions carefully and proceed with applying the ringworm treatment cream until the patch gets completely disappeared.
- There are some antifungal creams for ringworm which come with steroids as an ingredient. The steroids help to reduce the inflammation of the skin quickly. It may take 7 days for the ringworm to completely heal, but you might need to apply the ringworm cream even after that for some time. There is no possibility of the steroid cream alone killing the fungus, hence a person should not apply only steroid cream of the patch as it cannot alone cure the patch.
- In case of severe antifungal infections, a doctor sometimes might suggest the patient take oral medicines for a course of time. For example, terbinafine, itraconazole, griseofulvin tablets, etc.
There are cases when the same ringworm treatment may not suit all people, as people might not have the similar medical and health conditions.
For example, the treatment for ringworm for pregnant and the breastfeeding mothers might differ depending on the situation than the people who are on different medications, like hypertension, cancer, diabetes etc. the dose and type of medicine for ringworm also depends on the age of the patient.
It is always better to check with the doctor for ringworm medication in case of serious rashes.
It is not necessary to stay off from school and work while you are infected by the ringworm.
It is only important to keep the sanitary and hygiene in check so that other people do not get infected as well.
Also, the important thing to stay away from is scratching the rash, as it could cause serious skin damage, pain, swelling, and slow down the recovery of the ringworm.
It could also lead to spreading of the fungus in other parts of the body.